Area Attractions ...
What’s Happening in the Lakes Region
Springtime is a perfect time to try your hand at fishing our beautiful streams or hiking some of our beautiful trails. Winnipesaukee Fishing Derby, Laconia Motorcycle Week, boat shows, concerts and the Timberman® Triathlon in the summer; of course, fall foliage; and in the winter, skiing, and snowmobiling.
We can’t begin to list everything that is happening in the Lakes Region, but we can hook you up with the following organizations who know exactly what’s going on.
- Our local favorite Restaurant: ” Patrick’s Pub & Eatery” (Just across the street) 603-293-0841 www.patrickspub.com
- Bank Of New Hampshire Pavilion At Meadowbrook: 1.5 miles (You can also walk to the main gate from hotel, less then a mile)
- Gunstock Mountain Resort: www.gunstock.com 4.2 miles “Local Favorite”
- New Hampshire Motor Speedway: NASCAR 18.1 miles
- Stone Brook Hill Farm, www.stonebrookhillfarm.com 6.4 miles (Mid July through October) “Local Favorite”
Lake Winnipesaukee is the largest lake in the state of New Hampshire and the 6th largest lake in the United States that lies within the boundaries of one state. Surrounded by three mountain ranges, the wooded shoreline and crystal clear water of this spring-fed lake make it a popular year round resort, a place to rest and relax in beautiful surroundings. In fact the term “God’s Country” is used quite often here! Winnipesaukee means “Smiling Lake between the Mountains”
Inhabitable Islands: 274 | Feet above Sea Level: 504 | Maximum Depth: more than 200 feet (off Rattlesnake Island) | Average Depth: 40-45 feet | Volume: 625 billion gallons | Length: Approximately 28 miles| Width: Approximately 15 miles at widest point | Water Surface: 72 square miles or 46,080 acres | Miles of Shoreline: 282.00 | Distance to drive around lake: 63 miles
Local Chamber Pages:
Meredith Chamber of Commerce | Laconia Chamber of Commerce | Lakes Region Association | Official Laconia Motorcycle Week Website | State of NH Travel & Tourism | Weirs On-Line | Town of Gilford Website | City of Laconia Website | Town of Meredith Website | Town of Center Harbor Website | Town of Belmont Website | Town of Gilmanton Website | Town of Alton Website | Town of Holderness Website | Belknap County’s Website | Belknap Lakes Website